The unfolding information regarding COVID-19 (Corona Virus) and the actions being taken, both at the federal and state level may eventually lead to the canceling of church services, even those like Calvary, that are fewer in number. At this time however, Calvary Baptist Church will proceed with our normal Sunday services. With Christian love-for-neighbor, we want to proceed with the following recommendations and decisions:
- We recommend that if you are not feeling well, you will voluntarily stay at home and rest.
- We recommend that if you are elderly, high-risk for Coronavirus, have traveled, or have had contact with sick people, consider staying home. Taking precautions due to an extraordinary event like this is not a violation of the biblical command for believers to gather together (Hebrews 10:25).
An audio recording of the sermon (as well as past sermons) will be available on the website (https://calvaryhs.org).
We request that if you decide to stay home, please let an elder or deacon know so that we can show better care to you during this time.
- We recommend, as have been broadly advertised, that you wash your hands regularly and to take advantage of the hand sanitizer at the back table.
- You may decide to keep your children with you during the main service, so be assured that they are more than welcome to join us! Restlessness, being fidgety, being a little noisy and even being a little disruptive is just a part of family worship, and for this we thank the Lord. For the sake of others however, please keep in mind that screaming children, like new years resolutions, should be carried out immediately.
- We decided that we will not be serving coffee or hot drinks. The coffee station is a common place of touch, as people pump the canisters and grab for the delicious goodies.
- We decided to cancel our AWANA clubs for Wednesday, March 18.
- We recommend that you join and watch our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CalvaryHotSprings/ for the latest updates.
- Pray for God’s merciful preservation of lives and trust Him!
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Let’s do what we can to love one another, love our neighbors and make much of Christ during this time, for the glory of God!
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:16–17